Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Beastiality: Totally My Thing.

Fmtwo, being a close friend of mine for quite some time now, has always been a source of information, gear ideas, and much more. FM happens to enjoy the Beastmaster job quite a bit. He's in the upper levels as of this writing, and he has leveled it on and off for years. I myself have always seen BST as a promising job, but never found the time or made the time to work on it.

Recently, FM has taken to pointing out how cool and powerful BST can be. He has been the kind of player who impresses me no matter what job he's on, and this case is no different. Every time I go anywhere with his Beastmaster, I get the inkling to play the job. The recent version update which removed the EXP penalty from having a charmed pet has been a huge factor for many people I'm sure. This past week, the final straw broke the proverbial camel's back. FM used his BST to assist me in skilling up, and during the few days we've run around, he has proven just how versatile and nigh-invincible a Beastmaster is. This, friends, has caused a groundswell.

Sodako and I have been tossing the BST idea around for months. Way back in the day, Encino and I were going to duo with the job but never did manage to care enough to start. I have had my BST @ 21 for a short while now, and it was on the back burner. Soda and I took to the Jugner Forest and got it started.

We found that the job is actually quite easy and relaxing when done as a competent duo. We work together so often anyway that having a teamwork-based situation is great. We spent this first session getting our bearings and making macros. Getting the hang of this job will be a nice addition to the repertoire.

The airships and boats continue to be entertaining with glitchy loading. Here's San d'Oria's airship half-loaded, with me standing on water letting the ship fly in and then through me to land at the dock. Weirdness.


Did I mention Beastmaster is awesome?

No comments: