Monday, November 19, 2007

Monk: It's All the Rage!

My brother Cali tells me he arrived at the port in Bastok to find these two characters cuddling. He gave a "/disgusted" emote to each. They both examined (via /check) him, and then Cali proceeded to ruin the moment and sit on their laps as well. I don't know about anyone else, but I find this amusing.



Dynamis - Bastok occurred again on Friday night. I really wasn't in the mood to go, but I was hoping for a drop of my PLD relic headgear. Well, it took four Bastok runs to get this "common drop" (according to others) but I finally did.
This piece is important to me personally due to the fact that I detest the Adaman barbuta I was previously wearing to this point. Purple turtle shell on my head... Thanks, but no thanks. I actually happen to dislike wearing any helmets that cover my head when on Paladin, so I was very pleased to once again have a coronet.

The only other thing worth noting is that I'm about sick of certain people's big mouths and egos. "Endgame drama" has always been something I knew existed and wanted no part of, and as such I have yet to verbally tear a rift through this derelict adolescent's universe. However, I'm no longer interested in his antics.



I have come to acquire Horomusha Kote and a Jujitsu Gi with Monk in mind, but Samurai and Ninja can wear these pieces as well. For the sake of enjoyment, I took SAM out a bit and got it up to 40.


The rest of my weekend belonged to Monk. I had previously been having a rough time getting my Monk into a party, with no invites and no party-building opportunities. I had been resting at 37 when, on Sunday, I got into a party. This was all well and good, though I didn't start off in the mood to XP for long. However, every time a member would leave, a replacement arrived. This continued until no one from the original party was left but me. Hey, if you keep putting things in front of me, I'll keep killing it. It was a good run for Monk, for the following occurred:

Level 38

Level 39

Level 40

Level 41

Level 42

At level 40 I had some important gear changes. The bad news was that I didn't have them with me, since I had not been to town for quite some time. This wasn't a huge problem and I wasn't going to complain by any means. As soon as the party broke, however, I was anxious to get my new gear equipped. Level 41 brought two things: Job Ability called Chi Blast, which is a long-range attack usable every three minutes, and Weapon Skill called Raging Fists, which is a five-hit combination that will essentially be all I use for a long while.

These two factors have increased the fun of playing MNK quite a bit, and when coupled with the job's innate "cool" factor leaves me with a project I'm going to really like to work on.


I just love the way my Monk looks in his equipment now. My next milestone is 50/51 where I get Double Attack from WAR sub and Kick Attacks, for even more damage. I can't wait. Until next time~

No comments: